Thursday, April 30, 2009

Arrived In La Manzanilla - Wow!

Our arrival in La Manzanilla has been full of surprises.

First, I somehow thought La Mazanilla was closer to Mazanillo. La Manzanilla did not actually show on either of the maps we were using. So when we saw the huge sign for La Manzanilla - happiness! It took us just under 4 hours to drive here.

Then, our rented Casa is fabulous! We are right on the beach which is truly beautiful. The surf is loud and soothing. We have internet wireless service so I can work and will connect to my USA conference calls through Skype.

The next surprise is all restaurants in town are closed due to swine flu. Take out only. No problemo. Our Casa is well equipped to bring food in or prepare meals here.

Final surprise is one of my work laptops died. I cannot get it to boot up. Fortunately, I have a 2nd laptop in which I can work. I am back in USA Monday and have already talked with computer support to get help then.

Adios for now ...

4 comments:

Chrissy y Keith said...

You will love La Manazanilla. We found it nearly 15 years ago and loved it then as well as the changes now. Not that much is different.

Bob Mrotek said...

AM,
I don't know where you get the energy and the stamina. You are a real trooper :)

Frankly Ronda said...

C&K - I already do and have not even seen much!

BM - Many of my closest friends would describe "it" as both an affliction and blessing. I am an admitted Experience Junkie. So much to explore in life ...

Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

Hey there. I have been trying to leave comments but it is not working:( hopefully this works. The trip looks amazing