Monday, April 27, 2009

School Closed till May 6th for Swine Flu

We got the calls this morning. No school until May 6th!

According to the information relayed this morning, swine flu reported in Jalisco and Nayarit now.

Oldest Son still sick. We will be taking him to the doctor this afternoon.

Update #1:
Websites recommend NOT going to hospitals, clinics and doctors unless absolutely necessary. We have decided not to go. Do ya sense the yo-yo action here? Since kids out of school we can just wait it out with Oldest Son unless he takes a turn south.

Update #2:
It appears we made the right call NOT to visit doctor. Oldest Son had a good day with not much fever and feeling okay. He is fast asleep in his own bed. However, Husband did try to secure olsetamivir (as recommended by our USA Dr friend) in case we turn up with symptoms or have a known exposure. No luck. Little to be found in Nayarit and if there is any it is at the hospitals.

9 comments:

Calypso said...

Ouch - keep us posted on number one son.

Leslie Harris said...

Hope your son feels better soon! I'm in Jalisco and schools here still haven't closed, but I know quite a few people who refused to send their kids. I sent mine, but who knows about tomorrow!!! Please keep us posted about your kiddo.

Chrissy y Keith said...

I think it is a good thing to keep the schools closed for now. I also agree with your decision not to take the boy into the Doctor because of the added risk. Do you know of any medicos making house calls?

Anonymous said...

Hey Y'all.

Tell my nephews I want them to get well so I can enjoy more stories of their adventures in Mexico.

Uncle John

Rosas Clan in Tulum said...

I hope that your son is feeling better. Things area crazy here too with all of the schools closed. They are closing the ruins at TUlum, Coba and chichen Itza as well as both eco parks. NUTS!!!! I hope all feel better soon.

ChristinePL said...

Trying to get Tamiflu from the pharmacy is impossible at this time. This past Friday the government put a hold on sales as a back up supply for government issued use. Prior to Friday you were still able to purchase.

Frankly Ronda said...

A - they are much better now!

RCT - Yeah - little nutso is right .. but I guess better safe than sorry.

C - I actually think it is probably best not to sell in general because alot uf us (me) would just buy for just in case ...

bordersaside said...

Where did you get the info that the flu was in Jalisco, Iv been looking for this type of info. I wanted to know if there was any reported in our area or not.

Frankly Ronda said...

A - We actually just "heard" it in the phone tree. But Husband did hear it on the radio today for Jalisco & Nayarit.