Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday: Fishing Tournament & Date Night

After a short morning swim, we headed to the PV Marina.

Lunch at 8 Tostados and Fishing Tournament
First stop in Marina was lunch at 8 Tostadas. This used to be a taco stand but has shifted to restaurant status. The owner of our villa owns this establishment as well. Their specialty is a bowl of warm or cold broth with your choices of shrimp, octopus, snails and scallops along with avocado, tomatoes, red onions, cucumber and ketchup. The table is stocked with crackers and crispy tostados along with various pepper sauces, Worcestershire sauce and oil. It is very good and part of fun is to choose and season to your own preferences.

We then walked around Marina. At about 3:00 the fisherman started arriving with yellow fin tuna and marlin. Wow. These are big fish.

Last stop gelato. Yummy. Back home for late afternoon naps.

Date Night
We actually got a sitter for the kids last night. This is the 1st time we have gotten to go out alone since Moving to Mexico. Youngest Son's Spanish teacher, Maestra, watched the kids for us and she only speaks Spanish. Youngest Son was so excited to have his Maestra. Husband was so excited to have an evening of adult conversation.

We went to a lovely Italian restaurant right on the beach. We had a bottle of wine, good pasta and cappuccinos. Afterwards, we walked to centro. We went into local art gallery and were embarrassed when we realized the proprietor was talking in USD (dollars) and we thought it was pesos (there is a huge difference between $2,000 pesos and $2,000 USD!) We stopped in a bar for a beer and quick dance before heading home.

Like many husbands and wives, we are not as good as we should be about carving out time for just us as a couple. We are hoping to start having more of these nights ...

4 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

I am heading to bed. But you just put a very nice cap on the weekend for me. I enjoy that you enjoy.

Theresa in Mèrida said...

I have that happen to me before,I was thinking pesos and for some odd reason the person was quoting dollars to me. I just looked at the guy and said "dollars? I don't have any dollars, I live in MEXICO just like you do"....when someone is talking dollars I think something is fishy.
I'm glad you had a date. That is so important.
regards,
Theresa

Frankly Ronda said...

S - and you put many nice caps on my evenings!

T - I was kinda disappointed when I realized we were discussing $2000 USD - I was hoping to purchase a gift but not at that price ... Husband and I had such a nice evening and you are right about the importance

Unknown said...

important that you keep enjoying each other, even if you have kids now, cherish those times that keep the bonding together!