Monday, January 19, 2009

Shells Anyone?

Youngest Son has officially begun his Shell Selling business. Here is how it has gone down.

Oldest Son is the Supplier – Apparently Youngest Son owes Oldest Son 500 pesos so far.

Special Friend’s Daughter is a Partner – Youngest Son will send Special Friend’s Daughter part of the proceeds back to USA with me - not sure of exact terms.

Goods – Shells ranging in price from 1 to 20 pesos depending on the size (I have not told him that oyster shells may not have the value he anticipates.)

Target Buyers – Anyone walking down the beach in front of our home which means most exchanges are in Spanish.

First Customer - Security Guard in our complex - 5 pesos! (We will be tipping Security Guard well.)

Youngest Son has spunk. Perhaps those Mexican Beach Vendors are having an influence - who can predict what our Move to Mexico will turn up in the years to come?

Below - First Revenue and Cash Register - Really

6 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

The entrepeneurship of young boys is something to behold. But it could be worse than selling sea shells at the sea shore.

When I was 5, I piled food from our pantry into my little red wagon, and took it door to door in our neighborhood trying to sell the food. When my mother discovered my little enterprise, she was convinced the neighbors would think we had fallen on hard times and she had forced me into the peddling circuit. I have no recollection of whether I was as successful as Youngest Son.

Frankly Ronda said...

Too funny! You seemed to have taken those early skills into a productive and enviable life. Perhaps Youngest Son will as well!

Theresa in Mèrida said...

I sold comic books, when I was about 7 years old. I'd buy a comic for 12c read it and sell it for 10c. I set up a table in front of the apartment building we lived in. I know that as soon as I got together another 12c, I'd buy another comic!
regards,
Theresa

Frankly Ronda said...

T - Ah Comics - that is a good one! I did nothing like this when I was a kid. Were was my adventurous spirit hiding back then?

Anonymous said...

This is too cute!

My daughter and her 2 friends caught frogs last summer and then set up a table to sell the little things. They made about 15$ if you can believe it!!!

Frankly Ronda said...

B - Frogs! Now that is creative