Thursday, March 27, 2008

Is it possible?

So on February 28, 2008 I call Other Mommy in Mexico (who is still in US as are we) and bombard her with questions:

Where are you going exactly?
Where are kids going to school?
What if Oldest Son and Youngest Son do not speak Spanish? and me too!
What about Fancy Private School currently attending?
Could we rent?
Is there DSL?
Is there a Synagogue?

All the answers are good except no Synagogue. Hmmmmm.

Email Other Husband and Other Mommy in Mexico (of Other American Family in Mexico) - "Send me your internet links! Do ya think we are crazy?"

Next Step. Google. Google. Google and more Google.

All looks promising. Hmmmmm. Diverge new information to Husband.

Few days pass and I see Husband Google. Google. Google and more Google. This is a sure sign Husband thinks maybe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what part of Mexico you're moving to but there are temples in all major cities. Pickins are slim compared to USA, of course, and ppl don't usually have the luxury of living close by (don't know if you are Conservative/Orthodox or not) but you'll find something to work with unless you are in a really small community.

I just moved back from Guadalajara after 2.5+ years there as a medical student. Let me know if I can help in any way with answering some basic logistical questions. (found you via Fat Doctor, btw)