- Gymnastics for both boys
- Visit from out-of-town relatives
- 2 soccer games
- Get long neglected hair cuts for both boys
- Take boys shopping for Mitzvah items and Youngest Son for birthday favors (his birthday next weekend)
- Load items onto (wonderful) friend's trailer to move out of house to get ready for Move to Mexico
- Birthday party attended by Youngest Son
- Biking class for Oldest Son
- Sleepovers for both boys (Oldest Son goes to Motor Cross - he is thrilled)
- Couple night out hanging with friends (fun, fun, fun - out late, a few too many beers)
- Prepare to teach Religious School
- Attend and teach Religious School (entire family)
- Attend Special Religious School event for mock 2nd Grade Wedding (very well done)
- Lunch with friends
- Symphony showing of Wizard of Oz (amazing!)
Activities we had to miss due to schedule conflicts:
- Volunteer Shabbbat service
- Cub Scout den meeting
- Soccer practice
- (and 1 birthday party was canceled due to birthday child injury)
This is pretty typical weekend. Great experiences and cool outings.
Here is the but ... I am exhausted. Both Husband and I missed showering at least one of these days - I think Husband missed 2 days!
I am wondering. How will Mexico be different? Will it necessarily be better? I am looking forward to having a basis for comparison. Check with me in 6 months ...
Listening to Oldest Son and Youngest Son DEEP in imaginative play with their Star Wars action figures utilizing newly cleared out play space. I love this - listening to the spontaneous play of happy children.