Friday, July 4, 2008

The Towels, Symbolism and Simpler Life

Work Colleagues gave me these really great Beach Towels (huge & soft) for our Mexico Life. So, I loaded the 4 towels for the trip. We typically travel with special blankets but I decided that our Simpler Life allowed for using the Towels as these blankets.

Since Tuesday, the Towels have been used as:
  • Blankets for car trip
  • Picnic blanket to sit on for our breakfast in Mega (big Target supermarket) parking lot
  • Beach towels for swimming
  • Play prop on porch (blue towel for good guys and pink for bad guys) for boys to play set up their action figures (Star Wars, Animals, Pirate Ships)
  • Floor mat in living area
  • Wash Them
  • Couch covers for the kind of itchy couches (see above picture)

The multiple uses just strikes me as humorous and quite symbolic. One of our goals is to live more simply this year and when we return in a year. We have found 6 uses for a towel - how great is that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! We are moving to Mexico August 4 with our kids and we'll be there long term for business. I enjoyed reading your story... I'm nervous about the move!